Choosing the right portable electric stove is vitally essential, from cooking the perfect camp meal to heating water for coffee. It helps you prepare your favorite meal and is portable, fast, and simple with safety features. This buying guide will give you some reviews and tips on the 5 best portable electric stoves, along with my top 3 picks, so you can make an easier buying decision.
The portable electric stoves have been the trendy products and are on the most wanted list of many.
It is designed specifically for camping and outdoor usage, with 8 hours’ energy storage at a single charge and three heating levels.
But It can be challenging to decide which portable stoves are the best. There is a great variety to choose from, so picking the right option can be tricky. To help you with the task at hand, I have reviewed each of the products mentioned below and rated them based on product specs and price.
Let’s get started!
What is the best portable electric stove?
Here are my top 5 picks for the best portable electric stoves to buy this year:
- Best Overall: Cuisinart CB-30P1 Cast-Iron Single Burner
- Best with sensor touch: iSiLER 1800 Watt Single Induction Burner
- Best High-end: Broil King Professional Cast Iron Range
- Best Budget: Imusa Electric Single Burner at Amazon
- Best with LCD Display: Max Burton #6600 Digital Induction Cooktop 18XL Counter Top Burner
1. Cuisinart CB-30P1 Cast-Iron Single Burner (Best Overall)
The Cuisinart Cast-Iron Single Burner is ideal for any size kitchen. This portable, all-in-one cooking stove allows you to prepare delicious meals without the mess of a full-size stove. One burner heats quickly and maintains a high temperature, and its cast-iron surface is durable and easy to clean.
A nonstick coating simplifies food preparation by reducing mess and effort. With a compact design and three feet for stability, you can use this anywhere from an apartment to a deck, patio, picnic table, or RV.
- Made of heavy-duty cast iron and has a 1300-watt large plate, you can cook up large meals for many people in just one go.
- The non-slip rubber feet keep the burner in place on any surface and make cleaning up a breeze.
- The “coil-less” cooking surface means you won’t have to worry about getting burned by hot coils or wires, so you can focus on cooking instead of worrying about safety hazards.
- Comes with an indicator light that lets you know when it’s ready to go and when it’s overheating—no more guessing what temperature setting to use.
- Also has an indicator light that lets you know when the burner is “on,” so there’s no more wondering if everything is working properly.
If you’re looking for a simple, versatile cast-iron burner, Cuisinart CB-30P1 Cast-Iron Single Burner is an excellent choice.
You can check the latest price and buy the Cuisinart CB-30P1 Cast-Iron Single Burner here:
2. iSiLER 1800 Watt Single Induction Burner (Best with sensor touch)
The iSiLER Portable Induction Cooktop is designed with user-friendly touch buttons for easy operation.
It saves time and energy with instant heating and precise temperature control, providing a reliable and convenient way to cook food wherever you are.
It has a 1800W power output and 2 heat settings: high and low. The included stainless steel pot stand keeps the pot off the countertop, allowing moisture to evaporate and prevent spillovers.
The induction cooktop weighs less than 5 lbs., making it easy to transport.
- Lets you choose your desired power from 100W to 1800W quickly and efficiently so that you can cook anything from simmering soup to deep frying chicken.
- Uses a 6.7in (17cm) glass surface that fits frying pans with diameters ranging from 3.9-8.6in (10-22cm), so no matter what size of pan you’re using, there’s always an even heating area and plenty of room for whatever it is you’re making.
- The compact and lightweight design makes it easy to transport or store.
- Premium glass surface ensures excellent wear resistance and easy cleaning after use.
- Comes with child locks so that little one can’t turn on the cooktop without supervision.
The iSiLER 1800W Sensor Touch Electric Induction Cooker Cooktop is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a sensor touch electric induction cooker. It’s got a sleek, modern appearance that will fit right in with most kitchen decor, and it has a variety of features that make it easy to use.
You can check the latest price and buy the iSiLER 1800 Watt Single Induction Burner here:
3. Broil King Professional Cast Iron Range (Best High-end)
Professional Cast Iron Ranges are constructed of heavy-duty, professional cast iron and include all the features you would expect from a high-end range. It is built with cast iron heating elements 7-1/8″ in diameter that distributes even heat and keeps food simmering or boiling at high temperatures.
The infinite heat control allows you to set the temperature you want, making cooking simple and precise.
- Has a 7 1/8″ diameter heavy-duty cast iron element that delivers heat evenly to pots and pans.
- With its solid element surface, it’s easy to control the temperature of your food.
- The range can handle up to 12-quart pots, so it’s perfect for large groups of people.
- The infinite heat control keeps foods at the perfect temperature all day long.
Broil King Professional Cast Iron Range is a high-end portable stove that’s best for those who want to bring their outdoor kitchen with them while camping, tailgating, or just taking a road trip.
You can check the latest price and buy the Broil King Professional Cast Iron Range here:
4. Imusa Electric Single Burner (Best Budget)
The Imusa Electric Single Burner is the perfect addition to any kitchen, especially those with small countertop space. This compact, portable, and lightweight unit allows you to cook anywhere you have a plug. It also works perfectly for large gatherings or on your next outdoor adventure.
- Can be used as a perfect addition to your kitchen, office, or dining room.
- Features a temperature regulating knob with heat distribution coils, so you can be sure that your food will come out ideally every time
- The power indicator light lets you know when it’s on, and the non-slip rubber feet prevent the product from sliding around while cooking or heating up food.
- The slim, space-saving design makes it easy to store when not in use.
The Imusa Electric Single Burner is perfect for those who are looking for a portable, affordable option that can be used anywhere.
You can check the latest price and buy the Imusa Electric Single Burner here:
5. Max Burton Counter Top Burner (Best with LCD Display)
The Max Burton electric cooktop brings the power of induction cooking to your home in a compact, easy-to-use package. Featuring an 18-inch cooking deck and powerful 9-inch induction system, this cooktop is designed to accommodate multiple pots and pans at one time with precise temperature control at your fingertips.
- Its large, easy-to-read LCD display and push-to-set control knob make it easy to use
- its touchpad controls ensure you can easily set the temperature or power level you need
- The 21 temperature settings are ideal for cooking everything from delicate sauces to seared meats.
- The 10 power level settings (500W to 1800W) ensure that your induction cooktop will have enough power to get the job done no matter what type of meal you’re making.
- The timer goes up to 6 hours, so you can set it and forget it while your food cooks itself!
- It also features One Touch Simmer & Boil technology, which means you can set your burner’s heat level with just one touch.
- The Program Lock feature ensures that no one else can interfere with your cooking.
Max Burton 6600 1800 XL Digital Induction Cooktop is best for those who want to cook more efficiently and safely. It’s perfect for cooking large meals in a short time.
You can check the latest price and buy the Max Burton #6600 Counter Top Burner here:
What is the portable electric stove?
The portable electric stove is a unique and useful addition to your existing kitchen equipment. It’s often used in campers, RVs, and other vehicles that don’t have space for a full-size stove.
The portable electric stove is powered by electricity, so if you have access to an outlet or extension cord, it will work just like any other electric appliance you own. You can use it to prepare meals for yourself or others, depending on how many burners are included in the model you choose.
If you’re looking for a portable stove that will let you cook without worrying about running out of fuel or finding a place for fuel storage tanks (like propane), this is an excellent option.
What to consider when buying a portable electric stove?
Type of electric stove
There are two types of portable electric stoves: convection and radiant.
- Convection stoves heat the air that circulates around the food
- Radiant stoves heat directly from below.
Both types are great; it’s just a matter of personal preference.
Load Capacity and Wattage
The load capacity of your stove refers to how much food it can hold at one time, whereas wattage refers to how much energy it takes to heat the food inside. If you’re only cooking for yourself and possibly one other person, you’ll want something with a lower load capacity (so it doesn’t take forever) and wattage (so it doesn’t take up too much space). If you’re cooking for a large family or group of friends, consider something with a higher wattage or larger capacity.
Portable electric stoves typically come in three sizes: small, medium, and large.
- Small stoves can be used for one-person meals or for reheating leftovers.
- Medium stoves are better suited to cooking for two people but may not be able to handle larger meals or large pots of soup.
- Large stoves are best for families of four or more who enjoy cooking together.
Another important consideration when shopping for a portable electric stove is safety features.
Look for a stove that has built-in safety features like automatic shutoff when the pot boils dry, automatic shutoff if the temperature gets too high or too low, or an indicator light that lets you know when it’s safe to open the lid again after pressure cooking.
Pros and Cons of Using a portable electric stove?
An electric stove is great for those who want to avoid using a gas or propane stove because they don’t want to deal with the mess and risk of gas spills or those who live in areas with no access to natural gas.
It’s also great for those who travel frequently and have limited space in their vehicle or RV because it can be folded up and stored away when not in use.
Electric stoves do have some drawbacks compared to other types of stoves.
For example, they take longer to heat up than other stoves, and they’re usually less efficient at transferring heat from the pan or pot onto your food.
They also require electricity, so you’ll need access to a power source if you want to use one of these devices!
Portable electric stove – FAQs
Q: Is the portable electric stove safe to use?
Yes, it is. You can use it anywhere you want, and it will not cause any harm to your health or environment. It is made of high-quality materials that don’t emit toxic gases or fumes when heated up. The stove’s surface is also nonstick, so there won’t be any food residue left on it after you’re done cooking.
Q: How does an electric stove work?
An electric stove is a heating device with one or more heating elements. The element heats the pan or pot directly rather than heating the air around it. This allows for faster cooking times than an open flame would allow.
Q: How much does it weigh?
The stove weighs about 1 pound, which means you can carry it around easily without straining too much. It’s also compact enough to fit in your backpack, so you can take it with you when camping or hiking – as long as you have enough fuel for cooking and heating up water for drinking purposes.
Q: Can I use it in my home?
Yes, you can use this portable electric stove anywhere you want to cook food or boil water – whether inside your house or outside on the patio during summertime. Just make sure that there’s an outlet nearby where you can plug in and recharge the battery after using up all its power!
Q: How do I use my portable electric stove?
You plug one end into your car’s cigarette lighter and the other end into the stove itself. Turn it on, and you can use it just like any other stovetop burner. The heat will cook your food evenly and quickly. You need to ensure that you don’t leave the burner on for too long, though!
Q: What should you not use on an electric stove?
If you’re using an electric stove, it’s important to keep in mind that there are some things you shouldn’t use on your stovetop.
- Cast iron or stone cookware – Cast-iron skillets are heavy, and glass stovetops are extremely delicate. If you drop a heavy pot on your glass stovetop, it could crack or chip the surface—and then you’ll have to replace the entire unit.
- Heavy pots: Pots that are too heavy will put more pressure on the surface of your unit and could cause damage over time.
- Abrasive cleaners: These products can scratch the nonstick finish on your pan, making it less effective at cooking food and cleaning up spills.
- Spills: Spills can get into the cracks between elements in your unit and start causing short-circuits or other problems that may require professional repair to fix (and cost money).
- Utensils – utensils can’t be used directly against the surface of an electric burner because they’ll damage it over time–use tongs instead!
While this roundup has highlighted the current leaders, it is important to remember that the best portable electric stove for your purposes depends on what you intend to use it for.
While it may not be a necessity, these stoves can also be convenient (pun intended) for camping and other outdoor activities, so make sure you consider your intended use before purchasing one of the units reviewed here.
All in all, I hope that you found my list of the best portable electric stoves in 2022 helpful and easy to navigate.