Undercounter ice makers are genuinely a fantastic kitchen appliance that has become more and more popular in recent times, as they look attractive, are easy to use, and are also extremely practical.
Looking for the best undercounter ice maker can be irritating as there are so many choices. Many things have to be taken into account before buying one, like the power consumption, installation process, and maintenance requirements of these kitchen appliances.
In this article, I’ve pulled together my top picks of the best 5 undercounter ice makers to help you choose the best one for your kitchen.
What is the best under-counter ice maker?
The following are some of the best undercounter ice makers on the market today:
- EdgeStar IB120SS 12 lb. built-in ice maker
- Whynter UIM-155 Stainless Steel Built-In Ice Maker
- Whynter MIM-14231SS 14″ Undercounter Automatic Stainless Steel Ice Maker
- Scotsman CU50GA-1A Undercounter Ice Maker
- Black U-Line 23 Lb. lb. Daily Production Crescent Ice Maker
1. EdgeStar IB120SS 12 lb. Built-In Ice Maker
The EdgeStar IB120SS undercounter ice maker fits under most counters and can produce up to 12 pounds of crescent-shaped ice per day.
It’s no drain required and affordable for a licensed plumber to install with ease.
This compact ice maker has the appearance, performance, and features of units that cost more than twice as much. It also complies with ADA height requirements.
- Front venting for built-in or freestanding installation
- ADA Height Compliant will fit under your countertop easily without sacrificing any functionality or quality.
- Comes with a 25-foot-long 1/4″ water line connection and a reversible door for left or right-hand swing, so it can be installed in either a built-in or freestanding configuration.
- Ice scoop included
- Auto shut-off when the ice bin is full, so you don’t have to worry about running out of ice at a party or other event.
- Produces up to 12 pounds of ice per day. It stores up to 6 pounds of ice at a time, so you won’t have to worry about running out during a party or other event.
- Dimensions: 25 1/4″ H x 15″ W x 18 1/2″ D
- This unit also operates as a freezer and will keep your ice frozen.
- No drain line is required!
The EdgeStar IB120SS 12 lb. Built-In Ice Maker is best for those who don’t want an appliance taking up space in the kitchen or living room but still want fresh ice whenever they need it.
The unit can produce up to 12 pounds of ice per day and has a simple design that makes it easy to use and clean.
You can check the latest price and buy the EdgeStar IB120SS 12 lb. Built-In Ice Maker with the button below:
2. Whynter UIM-155 Stainless Steel Built-In Ice Maker
The Whynter UIM-155 Stainless Steel Built-In Ice Maker is the perfect solution to your ice-making needs in virtually any situation.
It comes with a stylish stainless steel door and a sleek black cabinet that complements any modern kitchen and bar area.
This ice maker makes 12 lbs of crescent-shaped ice in 24 hours and can store 6 lbs of ice.
- Features sleek stainless steel doors and black cabinets with an optional front venting option for installation in freestanding or built-in applications.
- Makes 12 lbs of crescent-shaped ice cubes in 24 hours, so you’ll always have plenty on hand—and your guests will love how it keeps their drinks cold without watering them down.
- Stores up to 6 lbs of ice, so you won’t run out during a party or other event.
- Automatically shuts off when the ice bin is full, so you don’t have to worry about wasting water or electricity.
- Rated at 120 W with a current of 1.8 A, it measures 10x17x23 inches (with the door closed).
If you’re looking for a great ice maker that will fit your kitchen and make you look like a pro, the Whynter UIM-155 Stainless Steel Built-In Ice Maker is perfect. This ice maker makes up to 155 pounds per day, and it’s easy to use.
You can easily turn it on and off with a button or use the built-in timer setting if you’d prefer automatic operation.
You can check the latest price and buy the Whynter UIM-155 Stainless Steel Built-In Ice Maker with the button below:
3. Whynter MIM-14231SS 14″ Undercounter Automatic Stainless Steel Ice Maker
The Whynter MIM-14231SS Undercounter Automatic Stainless Marine Ice Maker is the perfect solution for an onboard ice maker.
This ice maker produces 23 pounds of ice daily, with 12 pounds being storage capacity and the remaining 11 pounds being bin capacity (provided you fill-up the storage).
The front of this marine ice maker can be set to either open automatically or manually (for manual operation, pull out on the right side).
It also has a self-drain feature that empties any excess water when draining.
- This stainless steel ice maker has a front-venting design that lets you put it under the counter or in a cabinet for a seamless look.
- With high-quality stainless steel and hardware resistant to UV light and corrosion, the unit will last longer in harsh environments.
- The ice maker also comes with a braided stainless steel waterline connection hose that is 6 feet long and made to last.
- Can be turned around to open from either the left or the right, depending on how your room is set up.
- This counter ice maker is equipped with a latch-lock that keeps the door securely shut when the machine is in motion but makes it easy to open when needed.
- Less than 3 gallons of water are used each day to make 23 pounds of ice for water-saving.
- Also, melted ice is turned back into new ice, and there is no need for a drain, so it can be set up quickly and easily in most places.
Whynter MIM-14231SS 14″ Undercounter Automatic Stainless Steel Ice Maker is best for those looking for an ice maker that is not just portable and can be used as an outdoor ice maker, but also has a small enough footprint to fit under a kitchen counter.
The Whynter MIM-14231SS 14″ Undercounter Automatic Stainless Steel Ice Maker can make up to 23 pounds of ice per day, which is more than enough for most households.
It also comes with an automatic shut-off feature, which ensures that you don’t have to worry about your ice maker running out of water while you’re away from home.
You can check the latest price and buy the Whynter MIM-14231SS 14″ Undercounter Automatic Stainless Steel Ice Maker with the button below:
4. Scotsman CU50GA-1A Undercounter Ice Maker
The new Scotsman CU50GA-1 – 65 LB Self-Contained Undercounter Ice Machine is an essential piece of equipment for any restaurant, café, or bar!
This model can make up to 65 pounds of ice per day and store up to 26 pounds of ice. Anyone with a sweet tooth is sure to love it. It has a water quality sensor that can be set up easily through the control panel. This sensor checks for hard water and cleans mineral-filled water with each cycle.
This process extends the time in between cleanings and ensures the best tasting ice possible.
- Produces up to 65 lbs of gourmet ice every 24 hours, so you can be sure you’ll always have plenty on hand for your customers or employees.
- Features a self-contained, air-cooled condenser and a built-in storage bin that can hold up to 26 lbs of ice at a time.
- Comes with a power cord for quick installation.
- Durable Stainless Steel Construction that will last for years to come
- Uses R-134A refrigerant, which is environmentally friendly and safe for the environment.
- At 34-3/8″ high, this undercounter ice maker is perfect for use under counters or in any other space where you need an extra source of fresh, delicious ice!
- 115 Volt/60Hz/1-phase electrical
The Scotsman CU50GA-1A Undercounter Ice Maker is best for those looking for a high-quality ice maker that’s easy to install, use, and maintain. You can use this ice maker in restaurants, bars, hotels, and other commercial settings.
It’s also an excellent choice for those who live in warmer climates like Florida or Arizona because it doesn’t need to be refrigerated like other ice makers do.
You can check the latest price and buy the Scotsman CU50GA-1A Undercounter Ice Maker with the button below:
5. Black U-Line 23 lb. Daily Production Crescent Ice Maker
The U-Line undercounter crescent ice maker allows for easy, convenient, and inexpensive installation. The ice-making machine is tall, 43 inches, so you don’t need to bend down when retrieving your ice.
This is perfect for any restaurant, tavern, or café, using crescent-shaped ice cubes in all their drinks, including iced coffee, lattes, and cocktails. Many restaurants have found that their customers prefer this type of ice cube.
- Simple to use, small and attractive. It only requires a 1/4 inch outside diameter water line connection, making installation easy and fast.
- You can use this ice machine for homes, offices, and businesses.
- Keep scoolers and freezers full of ice to keep your food fresh and safe from spoilage.
- It is an energy-efficient machine that produces up to 23 lbs of delicious tasting crescent ice per day.
- Uses less than three gallons of water for approximately 23 lbs. of ice and minimal electricity. This means that it is not wasteful and will not cost a lot to run.
- It’s a durable and reliable undercounter ice machine, so you can use it for a long time.
Black U-Line 23 Lb. Daily Production Crescent Ice Maker is best for those looking for an ice maker that is easy to use and produces large amounts of ice. This unit can produce up to 23 pounds of crescent-shaped ice per day, more than enough for most households and small businesses.
It also has a low energy consumption rate, which means it is more environmentally friendly than other models today.
You can check the latest price and buy the Black U-Line 23 lb. Daily Production Crescent Ice Maker with the button below:
What is an Undercounter Ice Maker?
An undercounter ice maker is a small appliance that makes ice cubes. It can be installed under your kitchen counter, but not on it. This is because the heat from your stove or oven will melt the ice cubes and ruin them.
If you have limited space in your kitchen or want to save some money on buying ice, it’s a good idea to invest in an undercounter ice maker. You won’t have to worry about running out of ice or making extra trips to the store for more bags of frozen water anymore!
What to look for when buying an under counter ice maker?
Here are some of the most important things to look for when buying an under counter ice maker:
When looking for an under counter ice maker, size is a big concern. You want to choose one that is large enough to accommodate your family’s needs but not so large that it takes up too much space in your kitchen.
2. Ease of use
Make sure that the machine is easy to use and clean so that it doesn’t take too much time or effort. It should have a good design that makes cleaning simple and straightforward so that there is no hassle involved in maintaining its performance levels over time.
3. Energy efficiency
The best under counter ice makers tend to be energy-efficient models because they require less power consumption than standard ones do. This helps save money on your electric bill while reducing carbon dioxide emissions from fossil fuels used in manufacturing processes (such as coal mining).
1. Are undercounter ice makers worth it?
The answer to that question is a resounding “yes!” Undercounter ice makers are worth it for all the reasons you might think.
First, they save space. You can easily store an undercounter ice maker under your countertop, freeing up valuable floor space in your kitchen.
Second, they’re great for entertaining. You can make ice for parties and gatherings without wasting valuable countertop space or worrying about having enough ice on hand. If you don’t have enough room for an entire freezer in your home, an undercounter ice maker is perfect for ensuring you have plenty of ice on hand when guests come over!
Thirdly—and perhaps most importantly—undercounter ice makers are easy to use! They’re designed to work with your existing plumbing system, so you don’t need to worry about buying extra parts or hiring a professional installer; all you have to do is plug in the machine and start using it right away!
2. Why Should You Buy An Undercounter Ice Maker?
Ice is essential for many things—drinks, cooking, chilling food—so having an extra supply can come in handy. But buying bags of ice from the store gets expensive (and adds up over time), so an undercounter ice maker is a great solution!
They save money in the long run and free up space in your freezer because they’re small enough to fit under any countertop or cabinet surface without taking up too much room inside the unit itself—which means more.
Having an ice maker in your home is an absolute must. Its convenience and portability appeal to any household that regularly hosts parties, friends, or family members for dinner. It is ideal for catering companies that demand exceptional quality and reliability from all their refrigeration equipment.
But choosing the best undercounter ice maker is no easy task, so I’ve compiled a list of the five most promising candidates.
Whether you’re on a tight budget or looking to sell premium quality ice to event planners, restaurants, and catering services, there’s an ice maker that perfectly meets your needs.