7 Best Nugget Ice Maker For Cool Iced Drinks (2022)
Choosing a nugget ice maker is vitally important if you’re looking for a way to cool drinks and food in your home or business. However, not all nugget ice makers are created equal; there are many factors that can make an enormous difference in how well a particular model works for you. In this article, I’ve put together the 7 best nugget ice makers, along with my top 5 picks, so you can make an informed purchase decision.
This website uses affiliate links; if you click on my link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you want to enjoy your cool and refreshing drinks on a hot day, then you need ice cubes that are special enough to make the drinks more enjoyable.
And with an ice maker in your home, you can have ice cubes whenever you want them. You can also make the best use of this machine by getting the best one that suits your needs.
Especially in recent years, nugget ice makers have been getting much attention from ice enthusiasts. They produce nugget ice that enhances any beverage, from whiskey to pop, that is chewy, soft, and cold. It’s also great to keep your drink cold without watering it down.
And in this article, we have put together a list of the 7 best nugget ice makers you can consider buying this year.
We have reviewed them thoroughly so you can easily find the one that suits your needs.
Let’s get started!
What is the best nugget ice maker?
- GE Profile Opal Nugget Ice Maker
- KBIce Self-Dispensing Countertop Nugget Ice Cube Make 399
- Frigidaire EFIC235-AMZ Countertop Nugget Ice Maker 349
- Newair NIM044BS00 Nugget Countertop Ice Maker 389
- Manitowoc CNF-0201A-L Nugget Ice Maker 4,798
- AGLUCKY Countertop Ice Maker Machine 109
- Cool Life COOL HOME Countertop Nugget Ice Maker 369
1. GE Profile Opal Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
The GE Profile Opal 1.0 Countertop Nugget Ice Maker produces one pound of fresh ice per hour and has a large-capacity bin that holds up to 3 lbs of crunchable nugget ice – that’s 24 pounds of ice per day.
And with an innovative design, you can easily schedule fresh ice and monitor your machine’s status through the app on your smartphone via built-in Bluetooth connectivity.
Store your favorite seasonings in the freezer drawer to always be ready when you need them.
This smart, automatic ice maker is great for entertaining or serving your guests when they come over. It’s sure to brighten up any occasion!
This nugget ice machine is the perfect complement to your bar, kitchen, or any other space that needs a little drinkable refreshment.
- Designed to provide you with chewable ice that’s ready fast and retains its flavor, unlike traditional hard cubes.
- Its built-in Bluetooth connectivity system allows you to monitor your machine’s status and schedule fresh ice from anywhere in the world via smartphone.
- It comes with a large-capacity bin that holds up to 3 lbs of crunchable nugget ice—never having to worry about running out of go-to treats again!
- The innovative design avoids clumping and leaks by recirculating melted ice into the water reservoir.
- It’s easy to use: just fill the reservoir with water and plug it into an outlet (120V), and the ice maker will take care of everything else!
The Bottom line
The GE Profile Opal 1.0 is best for those who are looking for a high-quality, easy-to-use ice maker with a large capacity.
The machine is convenient to control with Bluetooth connectivity, so you can access the app and make changes anywhere in your home.
You can check the latest price and buy the GE Profile Opal 1.0 here:
2. KBIce Self-Dispensing Countertop Nugget Ice Cube Maker
Best with self-dispensing technology
The KBice Self-Dispensing Nugget Ice Maker is the first portable machine of its kind, combining self-dispensing technology with crisp nugget ice that’s soft and crunchy.
You can have crunchy, chewable ice in 20 or 30 minutes after filling the reservoir with your choice of water and plugging it into a standard 120-volt outlet.
The machine has an anti-microbial coating to prevent bacteria from settling on the dispensing valve, so there’s no need to worry about bacteria contamination on your hands or countertops.
- It has a design with BPA-free parts and an R600 refrigerant, which means it’s environmentally friendly.
- This ice machine has an ice production capacity of 30 lbs. of ice over 24 hours (1-2 lbs an hour). In addition, it has an ice storage capacity of 2 lbs., allowing you to enjoy nugget ice any time hands-free.
- It comes with a built-in self-cleaning function, so you can keep your unit clean and running efficiently.
- In just 25 minutes, you can enjoy soft, crunchy ice like the ice you love from your favorite restaurants.
- With its compact design, this machine will fit perfectly on any countertop in your home or office.
The bottom line
KBice Self-Dispensing Countertop Nugget Ice Maker is best for those who want to get the most out of their nugget ice machines without fussing with installation and maintenance.
This machine makes it easy to make your own delicious nuggets of ice at home, in the office, or on your porch. It’s perfect for parties and tailgating!
You can check the latest price and buy the KBIce Self-Dispensing ice machine here:
3. Frigidaire Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
Frigidaire’s EFIC235-AMZ countertop nugget ice maker is a small but versatile household appliance that makes ice cubes quickly and easily. This nugget ice machine produces tiny ice nuggets that are just as soft but take only 10-15 minutes to make and store.
There is no need for a water connection because as the ice melts, the water returns to the reservoir and is simply recycled into more ice.
It goes perfectly with the rest of the stainless steel kitchen decor, and its simple design adds a nice touch to your home. Its compact size and light weight of 19 pounds making it ideal for any tabletop or countertop.
Since it takes up little counter space and is extremely portable, it is ideal for home, outdoor camping, and RV tabletop use.
- Comes with a simple-to-use, self-cleaning function.
- Within only 15 minutes, you’ll enjoy soft and crunchy ice, just like the ice you love from your favorite restaurant.
- As the ice melts, the water returns to the reservoir, where it will simply be turned into more ice.
- With its compact design, you can take this portable countertop nugget machine to your next camping or tailgate party—no water hookup required!
- It produces 44 lbs. of ice per day, and the bin holds 3 lbs. at a time, so you’ll never have to worry about running out of ice—or having to wait until morning to enjoy a glass of water with your favorite beverage.
The bottom line
You can check the latest price and buy the Frigidaire’s EFIC235-AMZ here:
4. Newair Nugget Countertop Ice Maker
Best for ease of use
The Newair NIM044BS00 is the perfect addition to any kitchen.
It makes enough sonic ice for drinks like lemonade or sparkling water or can be used for crushed ice for smoothies without relying on a local fast-food place to be open.
With the ability to push out 44 pounds of good ice each day, your cravings will never go unsatisfied again.
This little unit will bring happiness into your life wherever you go, with a refillable water tank that fits any kitchen and no tubing or hoses required!
- The countertop design is light enough to take anywhere.
- Its viewing window and led lights are sure to be the talk of the kitchen, no matter what you’re serving.
- The ice production capacity of up to 44 pounds of good ice per day allows you to get pure, fresh sonic ice at your fingertips for every occasion.
- It’s also incredibly simple to use; simply plug it in and wait for the blue LED light to begin flashing before opening the drawer to access your freshly-made nuggets.
- With its BPA-free construction and self-cleaning function, this portable machine ensures perfect ice cubes every time.
- It takes up less than one square foot of countertop space while making enough pellet ice for the whole family.
The bottom line
You can check the latest price and buy the Newair NIM044BS00 here:
5. Manitowoc CNF-0201A-L
Best for for commercial use
The Manitowoc Ice CNF0201A-L countertop ice and water dispenser is an effective way to keep food chilled. Its nugget ice, available in various flavors, is ideal for casual consumption at bars, cafeterias, and offices and is used in hospitals and lobbies.
The nugget ice you get from this dispenser is great for casual consumption because it is chewable and small enough to easily mix with other drinks.
The blue LED light on the dispenser makes it easier for people to see what they are pouring, especially in dark places.
The dispenser also has a large drain pan in case of spills, and the DuraTech front panel won’t get stained by hard water.
- Equipped with a 10-lb. bin capacity that lets you make up to 10 pounds of ice in one batch.
- The front panel is made from durable DuraTech material and can be mounted on top or underneath your refrigerator.
- Has a blue LED light that improves visibility at night when dispensing ice into glasses or cup.
- Has an air-cooled system, which means it won’t require tons of energy to run—it just needs the right amount of power to do its job.
- The large drain pan contains ice spillage that can accumulate over time and cause some units to be less efficient at making small batches of ice.
- The rear or underside drain connections let the unit be flush-mounted on the left side of your fridge (or freezer), making it look even more professional than most other models out there today.
The Bottom Line
The Manitowoc Ice CNF0201A-L is the most expensive model on this list, but it’s also the most reliable and the most versatile.
If you want a machine that can produce nugget ice fast and function as a water dispenser when you need it, this is the model you should choose.
You can check the latest price and buy the Manitowoc Ice CNF0201A-L here:
6. AGLUCKY Countertop Nugget Ice Machine
Best for quick ice production
The Aglucky Portable Ice Maker is a portable, compact ice maker perfect for bars, tea shops, KTVs, kitchens, or offices.
It allows you to create ice cubes within 6 minutes of operation easily. The round bullet-shaped ice from this portable countertop ice maker will not hurt your hands like other nugget ice makers that produce sharp edges and corners.
And with a transparent window and quick cooling system to help save energy and keep your ice machine cool, you’re sure to get more value out of this model than ever before!
- It produces 9 ice cubes within only 6-8 minutes. It can produce up to 26.5 pounds of ice per day, meaning we can keep a constant supply of fresh, delicious ice on hand, so you never have to worry about running out again.
- It is equipped with a quick and quiet cooling system. This helps you save energy, keeps the nugget ice machine cool, and ensures a quiet environment.
- The indicators will remind you to take out the ice cubes when the basket is full and inform you to add the water when the ice maker lacks water.
- Two sizes (small & large) of ice cubes are available to be selected, which are always used to cool drinks and food.
- It also has a transparent top cover with a window to see directly how much ice is left through it.
The Bottom line
This is perfect if you’re looking for a countertop nugget ice machine that can produce ice quickly.
Aglucky is a great choice for any business needing to stock up on ice quickly, but it’s also excellent for anyone who wants to make their own nuggets at home.
You can check the latest price and buy the Aglucky portable ice maker here:
7. Cool Life Cool Home Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
Best for space saving
With the Cool Life Crunchy Ice Maker, you can enjoy soft and crunchy ice in only 15 minutes! You can make delicious drinks anytime at home or on vacation with this efficient machine.
The Ice Scoop is made of durable white plastic, making it easy to scoop chunks of ice into your drink.
The machine has an ice production of 44 lbs of ice per day using its 17.5 kg weight; that is perfect for use on camping trips or everyday use at home!
- With its compact design, this machine will take up little space in your kitchen, making it easy to pack away once you’ve finished using it.
- It will make your favorite nugget ice in a short amount of time. Within 15 minutes, you can enjoy nugget ice.
- This particular ice machine can craft up to 44 pounds of ice per day.
- It also has an ice storage capacity of up to 3 pounds of ice in the bucket at any one time, meaning it’s perfect if you need lots of nugget ice for parties.
The Bottom line
If you want to look for a nugget ice maker that has a compact size, then this is the best option.
The Cool Life Crunchy Ice Maker is perfect for small spaces, but it makes enough ice to keep your drink cold. The machine comes with an ice scoop for added convenience.
You can check the latest price and buy the Cool Life COOLHOME ice maker here:
What is a nugget ice maker?
The nugget ice maker is a compact appliance that can be installed on your countertop, making it easy for you to enjoy the cool treat of soft, chewy ice in any room of your house.
Nugget ice cubes are usually used as garnishes for drinks, but you can use them in many other ways too!
If you’re looking for something to serve at a party or cookout, the nugget ice maker is a fun way to ensure everyone has a good time by serving a variety of flavors and textures.
Regular ice vs. nugget ice: What are the differences?
There are certain differences between traditional ice cubes, which most of us are used to seeing in our drinks, and nugget ice cubes. Let’s take a quick look at both sides of the coin so you can decide which is best for your needs!
Traditional Ice Cubes
Regular ice cubes are larger than nugget ice cubes, so it’s more likely to melt faster and release their water into the drink.
This can dilute your cocktail and make it taste different than you expect.
Nugget Ice Cubes
Nugget ice cubes are made by freezing water in small balls instead of as solid blocks.
These can be used for almost any purpose you’d use traditional ice cubes, including cocktails and smoothies.
They’re also a great alternative to traditional cubes if you want to make your drinks stay cool longer and don’t want to dilute your drink with fast melted ice.
Nugget ice is the way to go if you prefer your drinks to be less watered down. It melts more slowly than regular ice cubes and does not dilute your cocktails as much.
Pros And Cons Of A Nugget Ice Maker
The Nugget ice maker is a great option for a home freezer. It’s easy to use and makes the perfect amount of ice every time. But it has its drawbacks, too.
What benefits of a nugget ice maker?
If you like to grab a drink at a local bar or restaurant and order an ice-cold beer, you’ve probably noticed that the bar doesn’t keep ice in the glass for very long.
And you probably also realize that it’s not always easy to get an ice cube out of a glass without wasting half of it.
If you’ve wanted to make your ice cubes at home but didn’t know where to start, now this might be the time to try it!
A nugget ice maker will allow you to make as many soft, chewy ice cubes as you need so that when you’re having drinks with friends, there’ll be enough cubes floating around in each drink to keep everyone cool.
What To Consider When Buying A Nugget Ice Maker
If you’re looking for the best nugget ice maker that meets your needs, it’s important to consider your options. You can start by identifying what features will help you get the most out of your new appliance. Then, you just need to choose the one that’s right for you!
Here are some things to think about:
-How many ice cubes do you want? Are you looking for something small and compact or something large and durable?
-What kind of water source do you have?
– Do you want a machine with a built-in water filter? These filters help reduce bacteria and sediment in the water supply so they don’t go into the ice cubes themselves. This is especially important if there’s any buildup around the faucet where you fill in water (like at home).
-How often do you want to make ice cubes? This can depend on how long your unit takes to make them—if it takes too long, then maybe it’s not worth using because everyone else has one that does it faster than yours!
So, now you’re well-equipped with everything you need to know about the best nugget ice maker in the coming year. It’s a great time to review the market and make your choice.
We hope that our review of the top 7 nugget ice makers has provided you with a helpful overview of this product category. I recommend checking them out. You’ll find one perfect for your home or business needs.
That way, you’ll have a better understanding of what features each one has to offer, which will ultimately help you make a more informed buying decision.