7 Best Espresso Machine Under 200 Dollars (2023)
Choosing the right espresso machine under 200 is vitally important. From the quality of your coffee to the consistency of your drinks, selecting a suitable machine can make all the difference in how you enjoy your coffee. I’ve put together this list of the 7 best espresso machines under 200 to make it easy on your wallet and deliver great results.
This website uses affiliate links; if you click on my link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s no surprise that millions of people drink espresso to start their day. The popularity of espresso-based beverages has increased by 50 percent since 2015.
The robust and rich flavor of espresso packs a lot of punch in a small cup.
However, the downside to espresso is that it can be expensive if you buy it from a cafe or coffee shop.
This article is for you if you enjoy the taste of a good espresso but don’t want to spend over a thousand dollars on a premium model.
I’ve put together a list of the best espresso machines under $200 that will allow you to make delicious coffee at home.
Do more expensive espresso machines make better coffee?
The answer is a big fat “no.”. Many people believe that the higher the price of an espresso machine, the better the espresso it will produce. Obviously, this is not the case.
How much you pay for a machine doesn’t necessarily correlate with the drink’s quality or effectiveness. Pricier versions may provide a longer warranty or improved usability, but they do not improve the quality of the espresso they produce.
In fact, there are plenty of inexpensive machines out there that will perform as well or better than their more expensive counterparts, which you can check out below.
What is the best espresso machine under 200?
Here are my top 7 picks for the best espresso machines under 200 to buy this year:
- Hamilton Beach Espresso Machine
- SOWTECH Espresso Machine
- NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine
- De’Longhi Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Maker
- STARESSO Portable Espresso Machine
- Klarstein BellaVita Coffee & Espresso Machine
- Klarstein BellaVita Coffee & Espresso Machine
1. Hamilton Beach Espresso Machine
Hamilton Beach is a brand you can trust when making the kind of delicious espresso beverages you love.
With this espresso machine, you can enjoy your favorite espresso beverages in the comfort of your own home.
Since it’s made with a built-in pump, this machine has a 3-liter reservoir that’s easy to fill with ground coffee or pre-measured pods. Use it to make cappuccinos, lattes, and more – the options are endless!
- Its powerful 15-bar Italian pump extracts the perfect Espresso from fresh-ground coffee beans and pre-measured soft pods.
- It has two brew head spouts, allowing you to brew two cups at once!
- In your kitchen, you can perfectly steam or froth milk for lattes, mochas, and cappuccinos.
- Its removable water tank can hold up to 40 ounces for filling and cleaning.
- The removable drip tray is designed for easy cleanup.
“We really enjoy this coffee maker. It is simple and easy to operate and consistently makes a great cup of coffee”
The Bottom line
The Hamilton Beach Espresso Machine is my #1 pick since it combines affordability and quality perfectly.
With a price of less than $150, it’s an excellent price for an espresso machine that will make you look like a pro in no time. A great machine is essential to making your barista’s dreams come true, so I highly recommend this unit!
You can check the latest price and buy the Hamilton Beach Espresso Machine here:
2. SOWTECH Steam Espresso Maker
The SOWTECH Steam Espresso Maker is an easy-to-use single-switch espresso machine that makes rich, creamy espresso coffee in seconds.
It has a frothing arm and a removable drip catcher that collects coffee drips so you can keep your space tidy, making it perfect for home use.
This compact espresso maker is smaller and lighter than other models, so it takes up less space on your countertop or in your kitchen. It also has a stainless steel design so it looks great on display!
- Its stainless steel body design is compact enough to fit on your countertop or under your cabinets. You’ll never have to sacrifice space in your kitchen again.
- Its removable drip catcher collects all those little drips and keeps things clean for easy cleaning.
- With its powerful 3.5 bar pressure pump, this machine can make 1-4 cups (240ml) of espresso coffee at once.
- It also has an indicator light, so you won’t have to worry about losing track of which function you’re on.
- The frothing arm makes creamy froth for your cappuccinos and lattes.
- The glass cup is marked so that you know exactly how much coffee to pour each time, ensuring that your drinks are always as rich and delicious as possible.
“I don’t use the steam feature. But, the machine is simple to use, not a lot to go wrong. And the coffee is perfect. I got tired of those expensive machines with lots of features——and something always going wrong. Oh, and it is small and fits easily on my counter.”
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly espresso machine, then this will be your best bet.
I recommend it for small coffee shop owners and home users looking for an easy-to-use device that can perform at least some of the tasks you would expect from an espresso machine.
You can check the latest price and buy the SOWTECH Steam Espresso Maker here:
3. Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Machine
The Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Machine is an easy-to-use, semi-automatic espresso maker that makes a rich, bold coffeehouse-quality espresso with a pump system.
It features an electric 15-bar pump that creates powerful pressure during the brew to extract bold, rich flavors and create smooth shots of espresso.
The Café Barista is super easy to use: just select your drink and press “brew.” This easy-to-use espresso maker lets you choose between single or double-shot espresso and automatically froths milk with an adjustable control knob.
The milk reservoir is removable to store leftover milk not used during the brew in the refrigerator, so there’s no need to worry about running out of milk during your morning routine.
The Café Barista also comes with a recipe book that will help you create impressive coffee drinks or inspire you to invent original recipes at home.
- Equipped with a 15-bar pump system that makes it easy for you to make a rich-tasting espresso.
- The Coffee Trouble-Free Automatic Milk Frother eliminates guesswork
- The water reservoir and milk reservoir are easily removable, so they don’t get in the way during use.
- The Coffee Trouble-Free Automatic Milk Frother eliminates guesswork when it comes to milk frothing, so you don’t have to worry about whether or not your milk will get foamy enough.
- The single-touch panel controls the entire brewing process—from selecting which type of espresso you want to setting your desired amount of water and milk.
- Water and milk reservoirs are easily filled and removable, so you can easily fill your cup without spills or messes.
“I’ve used this for a few weeks now and I love it. Sure it’s not high end however, I am quite impressed with how there is a decent creamer on the espresso shot.”
The bottom line
Mr. Coffee Café Barista is best for those looking for a semi-automatic espresso machine that is easy to use and convenient.
It has a 1-year limited warranty, making it even better than most other espresso machines on the market. It has a sleek design and is easy to clean up after each use.
You can check the latest price and buy the Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Machine here:
4. NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine
The Nescafe Dolce Gusto Genio 2 Capsule coffee machine is designed for single-cup brewing espresso.
It’s perfect for office settings, dorms, and any other space where you want fresh, delicious coffee but doesn’t want to break the bank on a fully-automatic machine.
This machine shuts down automatically after 5 minutes of inactivity, earning it an A for energy efficiency. You can also try 15 different quality coffee creations with Nescafe Dolce Gusto:
- Espresso (up to 15 bars)
- A medium roast (12 bars)
- Dark roast (11 bars)
- Cappuccino (11 bars)
- Latte macchiato (11 bars)
- With a 15-bar pressure pump and various tasty flavors, you can create your own perfect cup every time, from authentic Espresso, Americano, Cappuccino, Latte, and more.
- You can toggle a stick to control the LED display to select the size and temperature to create your perfect cup.
- The Genio 2’s 15 bars of pressure allow high-level extraction for optimal flavor, aroma, and body delivered consistently in every cup.
“We only got this because it is easy to use and it has different flavor drinks. My MIL loves cappuccino and this has been easy for her to use and tastes good as the capsules for it includes the coffee and milk ones. It is to be bought separately though. We also tried the caramel latte which I loved. It’s light and quick. It can make cold and hot coffee too! Pretty nice.”
The bottom line
You can check the latest price and buy the Nescafe Dolce Gusto Genio 2 Capsule here:
5. De’Longhi Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Maker
With the touch of a button, this De’Longhi Nespresso Vertuo coffee machine brews four single-serve cup sizes.
Each machine comes with a free welcome package that includes a variety of Nespresso Vertuo capsules with unique aroma profiles.
The Nespresso Vertuo uses Centrifusion technology, which detects the barcode on the rim of compatible single-serve capsules and automatically determines brewing settings when using dual-size single-serve capsules for making either coffee or Espresso.
It can brew 1.35 oz Espresso, 2.7 oz Double Espresso, 5.0 oz Gran Lungo, and 7.7 oz Coffee in four different cup sizes.
There’s also a removable drip tray, a 54-ounce water reservoir, and automated ejection after brewing.
- Only for use with Nespresso capsules.
- Four cup sizes are available: 5oz, 7.77oz coffees, and single or double shots.
- Centrifusion technology from Nespresso uses barcodes to deliver the best in-cup results, including the perfect crema for large coffee cup sizes.
- The featured 54-ounce water tank and 17-count used capsule container make it simple to fill this machine with a full pot of hot water right before brewing—no messy refills required.
- An energy-saving automatic shutoff after 9 minutes of inactivity eliminates the need to waste water while waiting for your coffee to brew.
- has a quick heat-up time of only 15 seconds so that you can enjoy your favorite beverage even faster than before.
“Bought this for my GF and she loves it more than her favorite coffee spot and Starbucks. Plus she has so much fun with the frother and making cute drinks. It’s honestly so good that I have converted to a coffee/espresso drinker (only if she makes them with this) and I never have been one. Worth the money.”
The bottom line
You can check the latest price and buy the De’Longhi Nespresso Vertuo coffee machine here:
6. STARESSO Portable Espresso Machine
The STARESSO Portable Espresso Machine is small enough to take anywhere. While it requires specific components for use, the machine is designed to operate with minimal fuss.
The fun, functional design makes it easy for travelers to enjoy quality drinks around the go.
The compact size ensures that the unit can easily be stored anywhere. Now you can have your favorite cappuccino or Espresso anywhere you want.
The quick pump system can extract coffee for the best of flavors in a compact, travel-friendly format, and two AA batteries power the machine.
- The travel-friendly design brings coffeehouse quality with you wherever you go.
- The ergonomic design, with rubberized grips and a stainless steel pump, makes it easy to use.
- It’s simple to froth milk and combine it with Espresso to make the perfect cappuccino.
- It is also easily dismantled, allowing it to be transported and cleaned in minutes.
“Quite impressed with the quality and functionality. It was solidly built and it works quite nicely. I like it comes with its own cup and you can easily pump the pressure.”
The bottom line
The STARESSO Portable Espresso Machine is the best portable espresso machine, it is suitable for those looking for a simple and easy-to-use portable espresso machine.
This product has been designed with high-quality stainless steel material, making it look stylish and can be used anywhere.
You can check the latest price and buy the STARESSO Portable Espresso Machine here:
7. Klarstein BellaVita Coffee & Espresso Machine
Klarstein’s stylish 3-in-1 coffee machine comes with everything you need to make the perfect cup of coffee or Espresso.
This advanced device includes an extra milk frother, a filter holder, and a removable 1.4L water tank.
A built-in cup warmer keeps coffee or Espresso warm for hours. This elegant, versatile machine has a powerful machine thanks to 1,450 watts of power and 20-bar pump pressure.
Thanks to the convenient frother and removable filter holder, you can enjoy high-quality coffee easily.
- This unit’s 1,450 watts of power and 20 bar pressure are enough to satisfy even the most demanding coffee drinkers.
- Thanks to easy preparation and one-touch control of the coffee machine, you’ll find that the BellaVita is a breeze to use
- A generous and removable 1.4 L water tank on the back of the unit and a 0.4 L milk foam container allow easy preparation of cappuccinos, latte macchiatos, and espressos.
- The easy One-Touch control allows you to create excellent high-quality coffee thanks to pre-setting programs.
“Disassembles very easily to clean. It makes a wonderful sound as it operates, totally feels as if I am in a specialty coffee shop. The machine itself is surprisingly smaller than I was expecting, which is totally awesome!”
The bottom line
You can check the latest price and buy the Klarstein BellaVita coffee maker here:
Best espresso machines under 200 dollars – FAQs
Espresso machines usually cost hundreds of dollars, but there are many cheap espresso makers that make good choices for your houses and apartments.
The Hamilton Beach Espresso Machine is the best low-cost option and is highly recommended by me. It makes great espresso every time and is simple to use and clean.
The Cuisinart Espresso Maker is another good choice for a cheap espresso maker. It is less expensive than the Hamilton Beach model, but it does not have as many features. If you want something simple to use and clean and don’t mind spending a little more money, then this could be the right choice for you.