Choosing a charcoal grill under $200 is so crucial because you want to make sure that it’s durable, has the right size for your needs, and is easy to use. The 6 best charcoal grill units under $200 listed below are all affordable yet still offer some of the best features on the market today.
If you click on a product while reading this article and decide to buy it, I might earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
But they tend to be a bit pricey, especially, if you’re looking for something under $200.
Luckily, there are some fantastic charcoal grills under $200 out there that still manage to deliver the quality you need for an outdoor cooking experience like none other.
So if you’ve been looking for a charcoal grill that won’t break the bank, take a look at some of these options below.
What is the best charcoal grill under $200?
Here are my top 7 best charcoal grills under $200 you can consider buying this year:
- Best Kamado Grill: Char-Griller AKORN Jr Kamado Grill
- Best For Large Cooking Space: Royal Gourmet CD1824A Charcoal Grill
- Best Budget: Weber Smokey Joe 14-Inch Portable Grill
- Best Hamachi-style Grill: Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Sportsman’s Grill
- Best For Small Outdoor Kitchen: Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill
- Best For Versatility: Everdure CUBE Portable Charcoal Grill
1. Char-Griller AKORN Jr Kamado Grill
Best Kamado Grill
The Char-Griller AKORN Jr Kamado Grill is a must-have for any backyard cook. It’s small enough to fit in your backyard but large enough to provide a great smoke flavor every time you grill up some meat.
It’s made from heavy-gauge powder-coated steel with thick cast iron cooking grates for maximum durability and heat retention.
You can grill up to 8 burgers at once, smoke wings, or sear steaks with ease thanks to the 155-square-inch cooking space.
There are also two adjustable dampers on this unit that can be easily adjusted with just a turn of the dial to control how hot or cool your food is going to be.
There’s a removable ash pan, so you don’t have to spend time cleaning up after every meal; all you have to do is dump the ashes into a bag (which comes in handy when you’re camping).
It is made of steel with triple insulated walls, but surprisingly, it is much lighter and easier to handle than a comparable ceramic cooker, yet it was still very efficient and held its temperature very well.
With the smoking stone, it’s easy to turn this grill into a slow cooker that uses indirect heat.
All in all, this grill is a great option for anyone looking for a quality smoker that won’t break the bank. It’s affordable, durable, and easy to use.
- Grilling surface: 155 Square Inch
- Perfect for both high-heat grilling and low-and-slow cooking.
- It features an insulated design with a locking lid that traps smoke, heat, and moisture in the same way that expensive ceramic kamados do, but it is much lighter and easier to transport.
- There is an easy Dump Ash pan that can be removed for easy cleanup after cooking.
- Not only grill but you can also you this unit as a smoker grill combo for your best smoker recipes
- To get the most out of this unit, you can use it with the Char-Griller Grill Cover and the AKORN Jr. Smokin’ Stone.
The Bottom Line
You can check the latest price and buy the Char-Griller AKORN Jr Kamado Grill here:
2. Royal Gourmet CD1824A Charcoal Grill
Best for large cooking space
The Royal Gourmet 24-inch Charcoal Grill with Cover is a great addition to your backyard.
With a 394 square inch primary cooking area, it’s got enough space to cook anything from burgers to steaks to ribs. Not only that, but it also has a secondary cooking space of 205 square inches—that’s more than enough room for all your dishes.
This grill has porcelain cooking grates as well as a heavy-duty lid for maximum heat retention and even cooking.
The built-in temperature gauge ensures that you do not overcook, while the ashtray is removable and covers the entire bottom of the grill, making cleaning a breeze.
You can keep your tools organized with two fixed side shelves and a bottom shelf, and the easy-lift charcoal pan adjustment system allows you to control heat levels and cook flexibility without messing with complicated controls.
With a lot of space and features to help you grill better, you’ll be proud of the tasty meals you make for family gatherings.
- Cooking surface: 591.58 square inches
- It has a height-adjustable charcoal pan, so you can easily adjust the heat of your grill as needed.
- The grill features two fixed side tables that offer a convenient place to store your food and other items while you’re cooking.
- The built-in temperature gauge makes sure that all of your food is cooked just right, every time.
The Bottom Line
The Royal Gourmet 24-inch Charcoal Grill is best for those who want a large grill that is easy to use and can cook a lot of food at once.
The Royal Gourmet 24-inch Charcoal Grill is one of the best charcoal grills in this price range that you can buy. It has plenty of room for your family to enjoy delicious grilled meals together, and it’s easy to clean, so you won’t dread cleanup time.
You can check the latest price and buy the Royal Gourmet 24-inch Charcoal Grill here:
3. Weber Smokey Joe 14-Inch Portable Grill
The Weber Smokey Joe 14-Inch is a portable grill that’s perfect for the beach, camping, or anywhere else you need to make some food. It’s durable, lightweight, and compact—so it’s easy to take on the road with you.
It would easily cook 4 hamburgers or 3-4 steaks, so you can make your food right in front of you.
The compact and lightweight design makes it easy to take along anywhere—whether you want to grill up some delicious burgers while camping in the backyard or make a great meal for your friends when they stop by for dinner.
The porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat for even cooking and will not rust.
The dampers allow you to easily control the temperature inside your grill so that you don’t have to worry about burning your food!
Thanks to its compact size, this grill is easy to store and also doesn’t require many charcoal briquettes.
The Weber Smokey Joe 14-Inch has a lot of great features, including:
- Cooking surface: 147 square inches
- The ash catcher collects the ashes from your briquettes and allows you to easily dispose of them.
- The durable, easy-to-clean, plated steel cooking grate on this grill is made of high-quality material, so you don’t have to worry about it breaking easily or rusting over time.
- The heavy-duty fuel grate resists rust and rusting for years of use.
- The heat control damper controls the temperature of your food so you can cook it at just the right temperature for it without burning it up or leaving it undercooked.
The Bottom Line
The Weber Smokey Joe 14-Inch is best for those who like to have a small, portable grill that they can take with them on camping trips or tailgating. It’s also great for those who don’t have a lot of space in their backyards but want to enjoy the taste of charcoal-grilled foods.
You can check the latest price and buy the Weber Smokey Joe 14-Inch here:
4. Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Sportsman’s Grill
Best Habachi-style Grill
This hibachi-style grill is built with a seasoned cooking surface, so it’s ready to go right out of the box.
It also has a cast iron grate that distributes heat evenly and can be removed, making it simple to add coals—just slide them out and place them on top of your existing fire.
With the four-piece design, there’s no assembly required—so you can focus on preparing your meal instead of putting together a new grill.
It also comes with a set of steel hooks & carry handles so that, when lifting or maneuvering the grill, you’ll be able to do it safely.
And if you need an extra level of control over heat and airflow when cooking, just slide out the ash drawer for easy access to both controls.
Unlike other charcoal grills, this one needs very little coal to work—if you got a small bag of 8 pounds and it could last about 5 or 6 uses, the heat is very even throughout the entire grill unless you position the coal to have a cooler spot.
This grill sits a little high because of its feet, but it’s still very manageable to move around, and you can even use it on a windy day without worrying about the coals blowing out.
- Cooking area:
- The steel hook and carry handle on this grill make it easy to grab and move around.
- It’s pre-seasoned with 100% natural vegetable oil for preventing rust.
- The removable grill grate lets you remove the grate for easy cleaning and adding charcoals.
- The slide-out ash drawer makes cleanup simple.
The Bottom Line
You can check the latest price and buy the Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Sportsman’s Grill here:
5. Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill
Best for small outdoor kitchen
If you’re looking for a great barbecue grill that can fit in your small outdoor kitchen or patio, the Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill is the right choice.
This unit is made of heavy steel and has cast iron grill grates to retain heat. It also has 250 square inches of grilling space that will perfectly suit your grilling needs.
But what makes this grill stand out is the drawer that slides out for holding charcoal, so you don’t have to remove the grates and scoop up the charcoal for cleaning.
The bottom storage rack is ideal for organizing your charcoal or wood while cooking—and with an easy-to-use side air vent, you can easily adjust your grill’s temperature without opening it up.
If you want to store the grill outside, you can buy a compatible grill cover for it. Shelves are built into this unit’s side for grilling tools like tongs and spatulas.
The stay-cool wood handle keeps your hands cool during use and makes cleaning so much easier!
Finally, with the caster wheels for easy mobility, make moving this grill from one place to another a snap!
- Total cooking area: 250 square inch
- It Features a barrel-style design with heavy-duty steel construction and powder coating finish.
- It has a stay-cool wood handle, wheels for portability, and a side shelf for storing food, making it stand out from other options in the same price range.
- It comes with an easy dump ash pan for easy cleaning.
The Bottom Line
You can check the latest price and buy the Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill here:
6. Realcook Charcoal 3-in-1 Smoker Grill
best for versatility
This vertical grill smoker is built for versatility. With the latch locking system, you can use it as a fire pit for cold weather or as an adjustable barrel grill for grilling, steaming, baking, and braising.
You might be wondering what a “3-in-1 smoker” is.
It’s because this grill is very easy to disassemble and store in 3 parts for camping and cleaning, and it doesn’t take up much room in your car or RV.
It comes with a built-in thermometer to keep track of the temperature inside the smoker so that you know when to add more wood or charcoal.
Unlike most units with only 1 access door, this unit has 2. The first is for the fuel, and the second helps you easily reach your food inside.
This smoker’s bottom has a special damper and ash collector design that allows you to easily control the airflow and maintain a consistent temperature inside the smoker.
It features a porcelain-enameled water pan, which simultaneously infuses the meat with moisture and captures the smoky flavor.
This portable charcoal smoker only takes 30-45 minutes to set up and is ideal for BBQ enthusiasts who enjoy cooking their food in a variety of ways for the ultimate BBQ experience.
- Cooking space: 636 square inches
- Can be used for grilling, steaming, baking, braising, and roasting.
- It features 2 access doors for easy access to your food.
- Built-in thermometer
- It easily disassembles into three parts. This, for example, enables you to carefully lift off the upper parts to gain access to the fuel or second grate.
- It has a big water pan to help keep the meat moist.
- Heats well for smoking
The Bottom Line
You can check the latest price and buy the Realcook Charcoal 3-in-1 Smoker Grill here:
So here you are!
Above is my extensive research to find the best charcoal grill under $200 to buy this year by carefully comparing various grills and taking into account expert reviews and buyer public opinion.
If you need a charcoal grill that makes its money back in pure satisfaction, then I invite you to take a look at our best pick, the Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner Gas Grill ($200).
On the other hand, if you want a versatile one without spending too much, then this Realcook Charcoal 3-in-1 Smoker Grill is perfect for you.